Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ch MOHAN RAO REMINISCES!


Ch. Mohan Rao, who worked in Vijayawada depot from 1965 to 1989 writes:

Let me start by saying that I am very glad to know about the creation of this platform - GLAXOINDIAN - where all Glaxonians, past and present  can meet and ‘converse’.

I would like to bring us all up-to-date about some former colleagues and our recent activities.

Mr. P.V. Samabasivan: I have met Mr. P.V. Samabasivan on the Republic day 2010 at his residence in Ashoknagar, Madras. Sambasivan is now 83 and suffering with back pain. His wife too is not well. His children are taking care of them.

Sambasivan started his career as a Medical Representative in Vijayawada and was later transferred to Bangalore. His residence in Alibagh Street, Vijayawada was a popular meeting point for Medical Representatives. It was also a centre point for many trade union activities. Sambasivan eventually retired as the Sales Services Executive in Madras. Those of you who wish to contact him may e-mail me or GLAXOINDIAN for Sambasivan’s phone number.

G. N. Jayaraman, who worked in Vijayawada and later in Chennai too is unwell.

S. Ranganathan: Ranganathan is fine and leading a happy retired life at his residence in K.K.Nagar, Chennai.

T. G. Santana Krishnan: I recently spoke to him on phone. He is hale and healthy and leading a happy retired life.

Mohan Rao’s lunch for former colleagues: I have hosted a lunch for all former Vijayawada depot staff on March 15.  M/s. C V Perumallu, S. babu Rao, B. Someswara Rao, U. Gandhi attended and we all had many happy reminiscences.

Mr. B.V. Suryanarayana Murthy: Mr. B.S.R. Anjaneyulu and I plan to meet our former Depot Executive, Mr. B.V. Suryanarayana Murthy shortly at his residence in Lakidi-ka-pool, Hyderabad.

Mr. D. R. Nathan: I had the opportunity of working under Mr. Nathan when he was Branch Manager. I am sad to hear that is ailing with cancer and pray to God to give him health.

I understand that quite a few of our former colleagues are in high positions in the company today and I wish them all success!

Mohan Rao may be contacted on e-mail: ch.mohana.rao@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment